Meet the Interagency Work Group on Autism
Under the leadership of the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities, the state Interagency Work Group on Autism (IWGA) was convened in January 2008.
- Governor's Office
- Office of Budget and Management
- Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence
- Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities
- Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Ohio Department of Education
- Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
- Ohio Department of Health
- Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities
- Build the necessary infrastructure to equip Ohio's multiple systems of services and supports with tools to be responsive to Ohioans with autism spectrum disorders and other developmental disabilities and their families across the lifespan.
As a group comprised of various state agency partners and priorities, the IWGA centers its work on three prominent functions. These include:
- Acting as a catalyst to operationalize an action agenda around autism issues;
- Serving as a vehicle to assure coordination among state partners;
- Providing an avenue of communication for the state agencies to assure a reciprocal flow of autism related information to and from families and the field, so work is based on real issues and workable solutions.